Tab/Checkbox bug. Previously reported?

Spiff59

Some odd behavior when hovering over checkboxes within tab controls when the height of the checkbox is either 12, 13, or 14...

(the background color switches to navy blue, permanently)

GUICreate("",220,220)
GUICtrlCreateTab(10, 10, 200, 200)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("tab")
GUISetFont(8)

GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("16 pixels", 20, 40, 160, 16)
GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("15 pixels", 20, 60, 160, 15)
GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("14 pixels", 20, 80, 160, 14)
GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("13 pixels", 20, 100, 160, 13)
GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("12 pixels", 20, 120, 160, 12)
GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("11 pixels", 20, 140, 160, 11)
GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("10 pixels", 20, 160, 160, 10)
GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("9 pixels", 20, 180, 160, 9)

GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")
GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = -3 Then ExitLoop
WEnd

XP Pro SP3, Autoit 3.3.0.0 or 3.3.1.1

Before opening my mouth, I did conduct a few searches.

I ran across BugTrac #1087 that refers to hovering over checkboxes in tab controls causing the text to display as bold. The example in that Bugtrac does not exhibit the "bolding" behavior for me. But that's the closest topic to this problem that I could find.

Edited by Spiff59

Why do you want to set the height of a check box to some value which is too small? My opinion is that strange behaviour which results from strange treatment is not really a bug, but more of an idication that you shouldn't do it.

Have you tried changing the size of a checkbox in a non-AutoIt window to see if it's a Windows feature or whether it is only AutoIt that causes this effect?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Why do you want to set the height of a check box to some value which is too small? My opinion is that strange behaviour which results from strange treatment is not really a bug, but more of an idication that you shouldn't do it.

Have you tried changing the size of a checkbox in a non-AutoIt window to see if it's a Windows feature or whether it is only AutoIt that causes this effect?

I need to gain some space in a GUI so want a smaller checkbox.

The size of the checkbox does decrease at certain intervals, but, as shown, beyond a point the top of the box itself is clipped. So, there should be an edit on the height parameter of the function making 15 pixels the minimum and a note in the help file?

PS: I'm sure it's been noticed the forums don't seem to be logging "views" on the new threads?

Edited by Spiff59