InputBox Question about Cancel

Guest duomenox

Guest duomenox

Hello everyone,

I have a script that asks for user input. I am not using the GUI Controls as it would take a much longer time to write.

I have a couple input boxes that I am asking the user to input 5 sets alpha numeric values of 5 digits each. I am then checking the strings to make sure they are 5 charactors and that all charactors are alpha numeric (no symbols).

Here is my code:

;Declare and Set the $Variable[Array]
Dim $Variable[5]
For $Index = 0 to 4 Step 1
    $Variable[$Index]   = "null"
Next

WHILE StringLen($Variable[0]) <> 5 AND StringLen($Variable[1]) <> 5 AND StringLen($Variable[2]) <> 5 AND StringLen($Variable[3]) <> 5 AND StringLen($Variable[4]) <> 5;Checks for correct number of chractors in each block of the Variable.
    FOR $Index = 0 to 4 Step 1
        $Variable[$Index]   = InputBox("Variable Entry, Box " & $Index + 1 & " of 5.", "Please enter block " & $Index + 1 & " of your 5 block Variable:" & @CRLF, "", " M5", 300, 162)
        WHILE StringLen($Variable[$Index]) <> 5 = StringIsAlNum($Variable[$Index])
            $Variable[$Index]   = InputBox("Variable Entry, Box " & $Index + 1 & " of 5.", "Please re-enter block " & $Index + 1 & " of your 5 block Variable:" & @CRLF , $Variable[$Index], " M5", 300, 162)
        WEND
    NEXT
WEND

1. If the user clicks cancel on the block 1 of 5 ;then it goes to block 2 of 5.

2. If the user click cancel on all blocks, it loops back and asks for block 1 again.

3. If the user inputs any symbols or the legnth is not 5 charactors it will ask the "re-enter" dialog.

Any ideas on how I can disable the cancel button, or modify the script to loop that current block if the cancel button is pressed?

Any input would be appreciated, Thank you!

Edited by duomenox

Hello everyone,

I have a script that asks for user input. I am not using the GUI Controls as it would take a much longer time to write.

I have a couple input boxes that I am asking the user to input 5 sets alpha numeric values of 5 digits each. I am then checking the strings to make sure they are 5 charactors and that all charactors are alpha numeric (no symbols).

Here is my code:

Dim $Variable[5]
    $Variable[$Index]    = "null"
Next

WHILE StringLen($Variable[0]) <> 5 AND StringLen($Variable[1]) <> 5 AND StringLen($Variable[2]) <> 5 AND StringLen($Variable[3]) <> 5 AND StringLen($Variable[4]) <> 5;Checks for correct number of chractors in each block of the Variable.
        $Variable[$Index]    = InputBox("Variable Entry, Box " & $Index + 1 & " of 5.", "Please enter block " & $Index + 1 & " of your 5 block Variable:" & @CRLF, "", " M5", 300, 162)
            $Variable[$Index]    = InputBox("Variable Entry, Box " & $Index + 1 & " of 5.", "Please re-enter block " & $Index + 1 & " of your 5 block Variable:" & @CRLF , $Variable[$Index], " M5", 300, 162)
        WEND
    NEXT
WEND

1. If the user clicks cancel on the block 1 of 5 ;then it goes to block 2 of 5.

2. If the user click cancel on all blocks, it loops back and asks for block 1 again.

3. If the user inputs any symbols or the legnth is not 5 charactors it will ask the "re-enter" dialog.

Any ideas on how I can disable the cancel button, or modify the script to loop that current block if the cancel button is pressed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try this... I left some extra code for the _ArrayDisplay, so you can see that it doesn't mess with your array.

#include <array.au3>

Dim $Variable[5]
$Flag = 0

For $i = 0 to 4 Step 1
    $Variable[$i]   = "null"
Next

if $Flag = 1 then $Index = $Index -1
        $Variable[$Index]   = InputBox("Variable Entry, Box " & $Index + 1 & " of 5.", "Please enter block " & $Index + 1 & " of your 5 block Variable:" & @CRLF, "", " M5", 300, 162)
        if @Error = 1 Then 
            $Flag = 1
        Else
            $Flag = 0
        EndIf
            $Variable[$Index]   = InputBox("Variable Entry, Box " & $Index + 1 & " of 5.", "Please re-enter block " & $Index + 1 & " of your 5 block Variable:" & @CRLF , $Variable[$Index], " M5", 300, 162)
        WEND
    NEXT
WEND

_ArrayDisplay($Variable, "Test")

Kerby

• Developers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't understand exactly what you want to do in case of Cancel but heres an example that will exit the second While...wend loop when Cancel is pressed:

Dim $Variable[5]
For $Index = 0 To 4 Step 1
    $Variable[$Index] = "null"
Next

While StringLen($Variable[0]) <> 5 And StringLen($Variable[1]) <> 5 And StringLen($Variable[2]) <> 5 And StringLen($Variable[3]) <> 5 And StringLen($Variable[4]) <> 5;Checks for correct number of chractors in each block of the Variable.
    For $Index = 0 To 4 Step 1
        $Variable[$Index] = InputBox("Variable Entry, Box " & $Index + 1 & " of 5.", "Please enter block " & $Index + 1 & " of your 5 block Variable:" & @CRLF, "", " M5", 300, 162)
        While StringLen($Variable[$Index]) <> 5 = StringIsAlNum($Variable[$Index])
            $Variable[$Index] = InputBox("Variable Entry, Box " & $Index + 1 & " of 5.", "Please re-enter block " & $Index + 1 & " of your 5 block Variable:" & @CRLF, $Variable[$Index], " M5", 300, 162)
            If @error = 1 then exitloop 
        WEnd
    Next
WEnd

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Here is a re-write to accomplish what you want. Some of this is spread out to make the logic more readable.

Dim $Variable[5]
    $Variable[$Index]    = "null"
Next
$Index = 0
$All_Done = 1
WHILE 1
        WHILE 1
            IF (StringLen($Variable[$Index]) = 5 ) and ( StringIsAlNum($Variable[$Index])) then exitloop
            $All_Done = 0
            $Pmt = "Please enter block " & $Index + 1 & " of your 5 block Variable:" & @CRLF
            if $Variable[$Index] = "null" then $Dft = "[ENTER 5 DIGIT ALPH-NUMERIC]"
            $Rslt =  InputBox("Variable Entry, Box " & $Index + 1 & " of 5.", $Pmt, $Dft, " M5", 300, 162)
            if @Error <> 0 then ExitLoop 
            if $Dft <> $Rslt then $Variable[$index] = $Rslt
        WEND

$Index = $Index + 1
   if $Index > 4 then
       iF $All_Done then ExitLoop
       $Index = 0
       $All_Done = 1
   endif

WEND

Guest duomenox

Thanks for all your input everyone. I was able to get it working with the suggestions everyone made.

Sorry about the messy script, I've been in such a hurry trying toget this done I have taken some extra liberties with cleanliness :-P

Again, thank you for your help!