GUI Front-end to a command line program

WhyTea

I'd like to write GUI front-ends to some old command line tools. Autoit seems to be very well suited for the tasks. What I have in mind is cscope and Clearcase tools. I looked through the code samples but couldn't find anything there. The idea is simple:

- complicated command line options and data

are presented to users as data fields,

drop-down lists, radio buttons, etc.

- once executed, outputs of the programs

are presented to the users in a textbox.

In the case of cscope, double click on

the line will launch an editor and

load the file.

Has anybody already done something similar? Any sample code or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Is there a good tutorial on how to build a GUI interface with Autoit? Does a GUI builder exist?

/Why Tea

I'd like to write GUI front-ends to some old command line tools. Autoit seems to be very well suited for the tasks. What I have in mind is cscope and Clearcase tools. I looked through the code samples but couldn't find anything there. The idea is simple:

- complicated command line options and data

are presented to users as data fields,

drop-down lists, radio buttons, etc.

- once executed, outputs of the programs

are presented to the users in a textbox.

In the case of cscope, double click on

the line will launch an editor and

load the file.

Has anybody already done something similar? Any sample code or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Is there a good tutorial on how to build a GUI interface with Autoit? Does a GUI builder exist?

/Why Tea

Search for Koda. It also comes with SciTE. It is the current GUI builder.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Search for Koda. It also comes with SciTE. It is the current GUI builder.

Thank you. Exactly what I need. I have already created a simple but functional GUI front-end. However, I don't seem to be able to change the tab sequence, i.e. tab from the first input control jumps to the OK button, then Cancel and then to the second input control. How do I change the tab sequence to input 1 (tab ->) input 2 (tab ->) OK button (tab ->) Cancel Button?

/Why Tea

Thank you. Exactly what I need. I have already created a simple but functional GUI front-end. However, I don't seem to be able to change the tab sequence, i.e. tab from the first input control jumps to the OK button, then Cancel and then to the second input control. How do I change the tab sequence to input 1 (tab ->) input 2 (tab ->) OK button (tab ->) Cancel Button?

/Why Tea

Never mind. I've worked it out from Koda.

If the tab order is alphabetic you can change it to:

1. Input1

2. Input2

3. OK

Traditionally, people use multiple GUI for this, and not multiple tabs.

Another newbie question. From an input field, how do I treat <Enter> key as if the OK Button is pressed?

/Why Tea