HTML editor

trancexx

I'v been working (only love, nothing more) on a e-mail problematic lately.

My goal is to write a little nice tool that I'll be able to use to send mails (that's obvious).

One important part of that is HTML editor. This editor is not meant to be used for making web pages, obviously, but to make nice little colorful messages.

I started from zero. Did some reading and of course scripting. The product is the script that is attached to this post.

Have in mind that it's ripped from a bigger script and therefore a little bit modified (to be self-sustained). Some functionalities are missing.

It's zipped because needed images are included.

Design is somewhere different than it's usual. Reason for that is actually more than one. I needed a practice with AutoIt, wanted to be fresh, and wanted to be 'hard to follow' (no, really - try to figure how it works, you will see how hard that is).

The script:

I'm really not an expert in HTML but I tried to add as much functionality as as could (and needed). I think the result is a decent work. It would be nice if someone with expirience with editors of this type could test it. Remember, I tend to surprise sometimes :D

Some features are not so obvious at first but when working with the editor they could just flow out of the depth.

That's it.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I don't think I have to say this, but I say it anyway, fantastic work! The UI is new for autoit and works in a very satisfying way.

The only I have to whine about is that the editor acts a bit buggy at times. For example, the first thing I did was writing a sample text and then highlighted it and tried changed the font size, nothing happened at first, had to screw around a bit with the button and highlight before anything happened.

I also scrolled through the code, that main loop is a real killer!

:D

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Nice work again :D

The GUI looks really nice and it seems to be working properly!

17*10^2 lines of code and NO ASM code this time? :D

Well structured code!

Thanks,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

I don't think I have to say this, but I say it anyway, fantastic work! The UI is new for autoit and works in a very satisfying way.

The only I have to whine about is that the editor acts a bit buggy at times. For example, the first thing I did was writing a sample text and then highlighted it and tried changed the font size, nothing happened at first, had to screw around a bit with the button and highlight before anything happened.

I also scrolled through the code, that main loop is a real killer!

:D

Playing it fucking loud.

About this.

When you highlight something you are gonna lose the selection. This is intentional because i didn't like the way it's handled by default. Default is to keep selection but then depending on selected color you don't know what's happening (if you highlighted or not).

I'm doing this with some other things too. Hope that explains it. If not it's a bug.

Thanks for the nice comments. I appreciate that as much as you know that :D

@UEZ, do you like Bob Dylan's music? Don't lie or I won't believe you!

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

@UEZ, do you like Bob Dylan's music? Don't lie or I won't believe you!

NO, who the fuck is Bob Dylan? :D

UEZ

ps: *****

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Well, I'm sorry I have to say this, but I don't like the GUI. You need to do some rethinking about that. On the left you start with the Font, then font size, which is good. Then you put a undo/redo group. And some further to the right you go back to editing the font style. I would put the font groups all next to each other, so there is a logical order. The right 'panel' takes up rediciously lot space for just 4 buttons. And the icons are way too different. Some are default windows icons. Some are too shiny compared to others. Some are small some are big. And some are made as 32x32 icons but used as 48x48. (I suppose, since I can see the pixels individually)

Well, I'm sorry I have to say this, but I don't like the GUI. You need to do some rethinking about that. On the left you start with the Font, then font size, which is good. Then you put a undo/redo group. And some further to the right you go back to editing the font style. I would put the font groups all next to each other, so there is a logical order. The right 'panel' takes up rediciously lot space for just 4 buttons. And the icons are way too different. Some are default windows icons. Some are too shiny compared to others. Some are small some are big. And some are made as 32x32 icons but used as 48x48. (I suppose, since I can see the pixels individually)

That's ok, GUI is not what this thread is about.

And you are right about some things. I would love to see images that you suggest. Upload the new HTML Pic folder, will you?

Positioning stays. It's not left-to-right logic that lead me.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• 2 years later...

I don't know.

I remember having not enough space for the attachments and deleting some for that space. Seems I've done that with this one too.

That's shame, it was really cool.

edit: cool to see voting for this thread from my current perspective.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• 1 month later...

Alternative download source: http://www.4shared.com/archive/9RLDJmX4/HTML_Editor.html

Br,

UEZ

I'm sure I'll have fun with this. Thank you trancexx, and thank you for the link UEZ. It looks very nice.

BTW Desire is the best album by Bob Dylan. :) I especially like the song Hurricane , which you may have heard, since it's the title song to this movie.

Edited by czardas