Draggable Tabs?

adamski

Is it possible to use drag & drop to reorder tabs - like you can with the columns of Header controls?

If so I'd appreciate simple demo code as I've been through the help and forums and can't see a way to get this functionality.

Thanks.

I don't know of a way to do that so I would try something like this.

Create your tabitems but don't create any controls in them. Create a child window for each tabitem and create the controls in the child windows. Show the child window to match the tab selected.

Detect when the left mouse button is down, if it is over a tab and if it is being moved. If so then have something like a label which is dragged by the mouse to represent the tab being moved. When the label is released decide on the new tab order, destroy all the tabitems and recreate the the tabitems in the new order. Keep the child windows associated with the tabitem caption or new index.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks martin,

I may implement what you have suggested (as it happens, I am already using child windows with the tabs to display one), or may just switch to using a header control. Just need to decide if that would be too confusing for users.

Cheers.