Website data to spreadsheet

I've been tasked to make a spreadsheet containing all of the High Schools in Missouri along with the County and email of each. The data will be from:

http://www.dese.mo.gov/directory/discnty.htm

and the output should have three collumns:

• County (only appearing with the first instance of each County)
  • School Name
  • School Email
I first thought that AutoIt would be the way to go, as kind of a creeper through the source code of the page. Does anybody have any insight as to whether this is a good way to go about this? If so, can anybody help me with how to start something like this?

Thanks, I'd usually try myself to start these things out, but my deadline is a little short.

I've been tasked to make a spreadsheet containing all of the High Schools in Missouri along with the County and email of each. The data will be from:

http://www.dese.mo.gov/directory/discnty.htm

and the output should have three collumns:

• County (only appearing with the first instance of each County)
  • School Name
  • School Email
I first thought that AutoIt would be the way to go, as kind of a creeper through the source code of the page. Does anybody have any insight as to whether this is a good way to go about this? If so, can anybody help me with how to start something like this?

Thanks, I'd usually try myself to start these things out, but my deadline is a little short.

Hi,

1) All the information you need are stored in the excelsheets, which are offered to download.

2) Download them and just put the two excel sheets together to one sheet with the fields you wanted.

3)Then you should have a look into helpfile for functions _Excel*.

4) Read your sheet into array and send e-mail by looping over array e.g..

Just do the points 1) and 2) by yourself. It should be faster then coding automatism with AutoIT.

3) and 4) shouldn't be aproblem with AutoIT. Just look in helpfile and use Forum Search.

With this informations, you should be able to start coding.

If you have further problems post code and question.

;-))

Stefan