Debugging AutoIt EXE file

jojoac

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to debug a compiled AutoIt EXE file.

The program is running fine in the editor window. But as a compiled EXE I get a Variable must be declared error.

I have set the the VariableMustbeDeclared option. And I get no error or warning during the build.

I remember that in older version of AutoIt the line numbers would be displayed. Is there a way to set this during the build?

Before someone ask. I can't send the the source code, first it is 800 lines than it contains data I can't share due to a NDA agreement.

JoJo

Maybe you should declare that poor variable. Anyway, search the forum, there is an autoit debugger, though I've never needed it, trial and error always works.

Wait, you're talking about a compiled exe ? I don't think it's possible, besides you know ... normal debugging, which will get you nowhere in this case.

Edited by Inverted

Maybe you should declare that poor variable. Anyway, search the forum, there is an autoit debugger, though I've never needed it, trial and error always works.

Wait, you're talking about a compiled exe ? I don't think it's possible, besides you know ... normal debugging, which will get you nowhere in this case.

Thx Inverted,

HaHa I'm sure I have all variable declared. It is not so easy that I have missed one. As I told direct from the editor it works fine. But as EXE I get direct the error. :-(

Don't you run your EXE on Win9x platform?

I had similar problems with _ReduceMemory() on Win9x. --> psapi.dll with EmptyWorkingSet

What Autoit version do you use?

For EXE debugging use writing into your own LOG file (instead of ConsoleWrite).

Do this at the most important/suspicious parts of your script. 

After run/error message look into LOG file to see what's going on.

Edited by Zedna

Thank You all for help,

meanwhile I have found the issue.

I have a DLL that is needed in a UDF, but I didn't have used the fileinstall in the UDF. I have used the main program.

After I used the fileinstall in the UDF all is workiing.

JoJo