Other script based installers

Hey everyone. I'm a Microsoft SCCM administrator and most of my AutoIt scripts are just "wrappers" to run command lines that install different programs on to users computers. I've been searching the forum because I've been trying to find some form of a installer wizard that I can use to provide a graphical interface to users with a progress bar when installing some of the scripts I've written. It doesnt seem like AutoIt is the right tool to create these install wrappers that I'm looking for. I saw a couple of examples that others have written but nothing that looks as pretty as one that is created with Wise, Installshield, or Inno Setup. This may be like comparing apples and oranges because I know AutoIt is not an installation wizard creator. I'm just looking for some guidance on what other people use to create an installation wrapper. I have Wise Package Studio and I've tried writing WiseScripts and I've also downloaded Inno Setup but I just really like the coding syntax and many other options that AutoIt provides and I'd like to stick with that if I could. I've been using AutoIt for about 2 1/2 years now and I consider myself a pretty good coder when it comes to silent installs but there are times when I need to write scripts that have a GUI/Progress bar and I was hoping that AutoIt had that capability. However, it doesnt seem that it does. I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good tool to use that would give me the ability to create an install wrapper. If others have had good experiences using Wise or Inno or Installshield or any others that I dont know about, I'd like to hear your opinions. Maybe you've used another tool in conjunction with AutoIt and had success. I want to point out that I'm not trying to steer anyone away from using AutoIt and I hope my post doesnt offend the programmers or the AutoIt fans. In fact, I'm a huge fan. I use AutoIt for all of my scripts and I love its features, but it appears that its just this one feature away from being the perfect programmers tool.

Whew! That was a long way of telling me you need help with a GUI. There is no reason why you couldn't create an installation in AutoIt. There are a few very well developed programs on the forums that include installers, but most don't. As far as not being able to create a progress bar, GuiCtrlCreateProgress() works just fine. If you are looking for more, you can take a look at some of the file copy utilities to get an idea on how to copy files and display that in a progress bar. ProgressOn() is also a choice.

Edited by dantay9