Injection type methods?

Ok so I was wondering how can I actually go about interacting with programes. What I mean by this is how can I search for items and such and do things with them rather than using coordinates and scripts. What I am trying to do is make a script to TELL lets say a game to open a certain thing up and do something with that window. As of now I have been using scripts "macro's" in game to interact with game play, and what I want is to leave all the writing and typing out. So if I want to click a move or click a game object the program just does it rather than me having to say "hey type out this untrusty game command in order to right click that object" If you know what I mean, it is kind of hard to explain but hopefully this helps a little and hopefully I can get some help in return =) Thank you!

EDIT: I do want to clarify that this is honestly and entirely for practice use only, It is just that my only motivator for designing scripts are of what I am doing on a computer and that is games. I just recently finished my first script that is considered a 'program that took time' and it is very basic, I was looking for ways now to leap it up a notch.

Edited by kjpolker