FTP Question

I'm playing around with FTP and I don't know much about it.

This is what I'm planning on doing: Having a server constantly running on my home desktop, and allow the client (which will be another .exe carried around on my USB) to access certain files on the desktop. Can I do that with the basic FTP functions built into the latest beta?

If so, I guess I set up a server similar to the way that a TCP server is setup, is that correct?

Any info would be great.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I think, after more research, I understand ftp better.

To do what I wanted to do in the above post I would need to get a ftp server running either on my machine or pay somebody. That's not what I want to do.

So, is there a simple way to transfer small files over the internet without having to have a server? If TCP could have a TCPSendFile that would be exactly what I want. Any ideas?

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Check out this TCP script; TCPFileTransfer

But I recommend to use FTP, it's easier to make scripts for it, and it's more secure, but if your just gonna transfer some simple files you could use TCP, but it's very difficult :/ if your gonna choose what files you want to transfer I'd say u should use ftp :)

Here's a simple ftp server: FileZilla Server

Edited by Chris86