RunAsWait question

Hi, in the code below, the 1st RunAsWait works fine (running a registry key that is included in the AutoIt executable)

But the second RunAsWait string just refuses to work, regardless of what I do with the logon_flag (I've tried all 4 values). Also, if you run the string in $KasperskyNAStr in a command prompt of OurDomain\admin, it executes, so the path and authentication are OK.

$WSUSStr = "regedit /s " & $WD & "/south-workstations-wsus3-regedit4.reg"

$KasperskyNAStr = '"\\server6.OurDomain.com\SHARE\Packages\NetAgent 6.0.1710\setup.exe " /S /v/qn'

RunAsWait ( "administrator", @ComputerName, $adminpasswd, 1, $WSUSStr, $WD, @SW_HIDE )

RunAsWait ( "admin", "OurDomain", "OurDomainPassword", 4, $KasperskyNAStr, $WD, @SW_MINIMIZE )

Any ideas would be very welcome!

Edited by McBrollocks

Hi, in the code below, the 1st RunAsWait works fine (running a registry key that is included in the AutoIt executable)

But the second RunAsWait string just refuses to work, regardless of what I do with the logon_flag (I've tried all 4 values). Also, if you run the string in $KasperskyNAStr in a command prompt of OurDomain\admin, it executes, so the path and authentication are OK.

$WSUSStr = "regedit /s " & $WD & "/south-workstations-wsus3-regedit4.reg"

$KasperskyNAStr = '"\\server6.OurDomain.com\SHARE\Packages\NetAgent 6.0.1710\setup.exe " /S /v/qn'

RunAsWait ( "administrator", @ComputerName, $adminpasswd, 1, $WSUSStr, $WD, @SW_HIDE )

RunAsWait ( "admin", "OurDomain", "OurDomainPassword", 4, $KasperskyNAStr, $WD, @SW_MINIMIZE )

Any ideas would be very welcome!

Exactly how does it refuse to work? What are the failure indications, and what is the return value?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

On the machine which fails to run the 2nd RunAs, what happens if you run an Explorer instance with your Domain Admin account and then try accessing \\server6.OurDomain.com\SHARE\Packages\NetAgent 6.0.1710\? Is it actually reachable?

On the machine which fails to run the 2nd RunAs, what happens if you run an Explorer instance with your Domain Admin account and then try accessing \\server6.OurDomain.com\SHARE\Packages\NetAgent 6.0.1710\? Is it actually reachable?

Yes, it is reachable, not only for the Domain Admin account, but also for an ordinary user account which will be used to launch the exe I make with AutoIt.

(The setup.exe should then run under a Domain Admin account)

Yes, it is reachable, not only for the Domain Admin account, but also for an ordinary user account which will be used to launch the exe I make with AutoIt.

(The setup.exe should then run under a Domain Admin account)

Hi,

try this:

$KasperskyNAStr = '"\\server6.OurDomain.com\SHARE\Packages\NetAgent 6.0.1710\setup.exe" /S /v /qn'

In your string is a blank behind the setup.exe and a blank missing between /v and /qn. It's just a guess......

;-))

Stefan

Edited by 99ojo

Hi,

try this:

$KasperskyNAStr = '"\\server6.OurDomain.com\SHARE\Packages\NetAgent 6.0.1710\setup.exe" /S /v /qn'

In your string is a blank behind the setup.exe and a blank missing between /v and /qn. It's just a guess......

;-))

Stefan

Hi, thanks for that. The /v/qn (with no space) is how it should be.

The embarassing truth is that I missed something from the domain admin password in the script. It works fine now. Thanks for your suggestions.