ControlGetPos and ListBoxes

middae

I have a program - we'll call it ProgA.

This program has child windows: ChildA, ChildB, ChildC

ChildC has several listboxes. One is resizeable and takes up the maority of the window, and lists a 4 column spread of information.

I'm trying to figure out where Column 2 starts in this Listbox. Here's the AutoIt tool info from that window.

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: AfxWnd80sd

Instance: 3

ClassnameNN: AfxWnd80sd3

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:AfxWnd80sd; INSTANCE:3]

ID: 1

Text: ListBox

Position: 366, 113

Size: 766, 653

ControlClick Coords: 348, 286

Style: 0x50300000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x000206DE

Of Course, instance changes frequently. I thought I'd use ControlGetPos or WinGetPos, but both keep returning errors. WinGetPos gets me the closest,

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Debug.au3>
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode","1")
AutoItSetOption("WinSearchChildren","1")

$hDIM = WinGetHandle("ChildC")
$pos = WinGetPos("[CLASS:AfxWnd80sd]","Listbox")

Mousemove($pos[0],$pos[1],5)

After identifying the Control position, I was planning to move pixel by pixel along X, until my pxchksum (basically OCR the screen) until I find a certain word ("Batch #"). If I can find that, I can click that heading in the listbox, and sort appropriately.

I've been stuck on guaranteeing I come up with the correct AfxWnd80sd control.

Most of the errors are: control not found, or finding the incorrect AfxWnd80sd controls (there are 3 or 4 at a time in ProgA. "ListBox" as text errors out using both WinGetPos and ControlGetPos.

You will have to set Opt("WinSearchChildren",1) or you will not be able to deal with child windows. Maybe that is the problem.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Seems like _GuiCtrlListView_GetSubItemRect() gives what you want directly. The WinSearchChildren option is only for the native GUI functions, and wouldn't be required for the UDF functions.

:)

Edit: Add demo:

#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$hDIM = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:YourWinClassHere; TITLE:ChildC]")
$hLV = ControlGetHandle($hDIM, "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd80sd; INSTANCE:3]")
$avRect = _GUICtrlListView_GetSubItemRect($hLV, 0, 2)
_ArrayDisplay($avRect, "Item 0/Col 2 Rect")
Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You will have to set Opt("WinSearchChildren",1) or you will not be able to deal with child windows. Maybe that is the problem.

Isn't that what this does? I thought I read Opt and AutoItSetOption where interchangable?

And ChildC is being found in ProgA, I use some MouseMoves to move to the top-left corner of it on occasion. It's finding That Listbox of class AfxWnd80sd in ChildC that's a problem. I'm so frustrated. heh. :)

Isn't that what this does? I thought I read Opt and AutoItSetOption where interchangable?

And ChildC is being found in ProgA, I use some MouseMoves to move to the top-left corner of it on occasion. It's finding That Listbox of class AfxWnd80sd in ChildC that's a problem. I'm so frustrated. heh. :)

Sorry, I somehow missed that, as I did the point that PsaltyDS made later about it.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Turns out I had to Enumerate the windows and look for "ListBox " with a space at the end. Unless there's a way to specify a trailing character on the end of a Title?

[CLASS:AfxWnd80sd; TITLE:"ListBox "] doesn't work. :)

My Solution:

Func FindHDILB() ;Returns "AfxWnd80sd:ListBox " handle
    $aWindows = _WinAPI_EnumWindows()
    For $i = 1 To UBound($aWindows) - 1
        if $aWindows[$i][1] = "AfxWnd80sd" Then 
            if WinGetTitle($aWindows[$i][0]) = "ListBox " Then
                $hLB = $aWindows[$i][0]
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    Return $hLB
EndFunc

Assigned $hdi = FindHDILB(); then WinGetPos($hdi), and MouseMove($pos[0],$pos[1]) got me where I needed to go. Returned the proper value every time, yippee!

Edited by middae