Silent Install

Guest waking

Guest waking

I need to do a silent install and use to use in version 2 the HideAutoItWin command. There doesnt seem to be an equivalent command in ver 3. Any help would be appreciated.

• Developers

I need to do a silent install and use to use in version 2 the HideAutoItWin command. There doesnt seem to be an equivalent command in ver 3. Any help would be appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a section in the helpfile for V2 users which contains:

HideAutoItWin AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide",...)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Guest waking

There is a section in the helpfile for V2 users which contains:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but Its Friday and I'm on cruise control. I see the AutoItSetOption command but nothing to prevent the windows from popping up. I already got the trayicon hidden. Thanks.

• Developers

Sorry, but Its Friday and I'm on cruise control. I see the AutoItSetOption command but nothing to prevent the windows from popping up. I already got the trayicon hidden. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which Windows ? Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Guest waking

Which Windows ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm trying to install a software product, which doesn't have a silent install feature. So I want to block the popup reply windows. Thanks.

• Developers

I'm trying to install a software product, which doesn't have a silent install feature. So I want to block the popup reply windows. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, understand now...

You can test for a window to see if it exists WinExist() or WinWait() and then do a WinSetState() to hide it.

You can still work with the controls on these hidden windows with the Control???() commands....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Guest waking

Thanks, I was hoping to do something on the job level rather then the window level, but I'll try your advice.

• Developers

Thanks, I was hoping to do something on the job level rather then the window level, but I'll try your advice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that doesn't really work like that since you shell the installer which will start in its own process and will show windows whenever it wants to without AutoIt having control...

Even doing Run("yourprogram","",@SW_HIDE) doesn't do anything in general for a windows program but only for Commandline programs...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.