Is it possible

kjasdeep

well is it possible to perform a select or click option of a button or a label just by writing name of it in the script (for example their is one button on my tool as "Multitest", so can i write this name into a command which which directly select tht button or click it....instead of giving mouse co ordinates)???? Actually i am trying to automate a release test so i have to automate the GUI testing tool so i want to knw abt this

Please stick to one thread.

I told you in another thread to use the Windows Info tool to get the control information. That will allow you to work with the controls as long as you have the imformation to work with.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Here is an example of what you should be seeing.

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Button

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: Button1

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]

ID: 188

Text: Do It

Position: 58, 496

Size: 93, 30

ControlClick Coords: 69, 8

Style: 0x58030001

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x00080468

Then you can use the ClassnameNN: or Advanced (Class): to work with the control.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

thanks but u knw when i execute my tool it gives the information of the coordinates when i chose client mode but when the script runs the mouse clicks on the desktop window coordinates??? can u plz tell abt this

I was thinking of using the functions in the help file under Window Management >> Controls more than than mouse clicks.

If you PM me the tool or a location to download it, I'll look at the controls and post an example.

Edited by GEOSoft

George