• 2 months later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, FastJMAN1!

You can change position to any side of the screen you want. :graduated:) Read Usage Tips (tray menu: Help->Usage Tips) to learn how to do it. Basically, drag UL with both mouse buttons pressed while cursor is over Status Bar labels.

Multiple monitors have always been sort of a weak spot of this launcher. Since I have only 1 monitor, I can't really know (test) what happens with the UL (resolution and everything else) on multiple screens. That's why it only shows on the main screen. If I allow showing the launcher on the second monitor, UL just goes back and forth repeatedly.

Pay attention to the activation value, it determines the number of pixels from the edge of the screen that will activate UL. If you set it at 4 (pixels), that means that you have to place cursor within that 4 pixel area to show UL. That's hard when using multiple monitors. I'd advise you to change position to any other side that is not extended.

msg-60785-0-92090700-1319510511_thumb.jp

I can't any version of this to work any more, I keep getting this error?

I'm running it on my work pc but its not working. The other people I gave it too also are having the same issue.

Edited by FastJMAN1

This program looks very useful but I'm having problems getting it to function as expected.

I'm running Win7 64 and I cannot drag and drop Applications or Folders onto any of the buttons...I try, but nothing happens. This is with a 32bit compiled app. With a 64bit app, I get a Com error on launch and then the app quits. Can I manually edit the ini file to add folders and apps to the launcher?

Thanks for the hard work!

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi playlet...thanks for the example. I'm attempting to use your code to create a WinPE cascading start menu...I'm close, but there is much I need to learn/figure out. Your program has been a huge help getting me started!!

Here is the error number from the "UL Error Report". I get this error each time I execute the 64bit compiled app on my Win7 64bit machine, 32bit launches/works fine.

0x80020009

Please let me know if I can run any tests or send you any info.

-Mike

Well I don't know if an MS patch got me...or if my AV scanner is working overtime...but now I am getting the same 0x80020009 error from both 32 and 64 bit builds on XP Pro and Win 7. Your precompiled executable does the same thing.

I musta broke things good...

I've also gone back to the 1.2.1.0 source code and I get the exact same error.

No clue what to try next... :D

-Mike

Hi playet, sorry for the delay...was out of town for most of last week and am now in catch up mode.

Here is what I have to share:

1) Win7 64bit (3 monitors), launched perfectly, no errors. Drag and drop has never worked for me before, now it is...including the Poof.png :D .

2) XP Pro SP3 (1 monitor), upon launch I got this UL Error Report "Ultimate Launcher has encountered an error associated with embedded GIF animations. Please restart Ultimate Launcher now to activate the compatibility mode." Subsequent launches I get the Loader.gif in the top left corner for a few seconds, then it freezes. I launch the settings menu and only about haff of the tabs seem to activate. I get no menu at all, even if I change the sensitivity.

Deleting the config file gets me back to the original UL Error Report.

Let me know if I can test anything else.

-Mike

Edited by mdwerne

Thank you for replying, Mike!

Can you, please, make a screenshot of the loader and settings gui (or a screenvideo if possible)? I'm having trouble understanding what's going on and what's where exactly. Showing me the problem always works best :D

Sorry, don't have any screen video capability, hopefully this will still help.

See attached pdf - snip...

-Mike

Edited by mdwerne

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for amazing software!

I've got 'Subscript used with non-Array variable' error too. It's because of "BitOR" for $iStyle in line 3096:

$MIGUI = GUICreate("Ultimate Launcher", $W, $H, $ULP[0], $ULP[1], 0x80000000, $iStyle, 0x80); IMAGE GUI

If I put it old way:

$MIGUI = GUICreate("Ultimate Launcher", $W, $H, $ULP[0], $ULP[1], 0x80000000, 0x00080000 + 0x00000010 + 0x00000008); IMAGE GUI

averything's workin ok.

Edited by Leagnus