Question on WinWaitActive and the like

I am using AutoIT to automate the installation of a USB bar code scanner. Because there does not seem to be a reliable silent installation, I am automating the install process. I have found that when I use the WinWaitActive and similar commands which look for a window title and subtitle, the title of the window does not seem to always matter. For example, depending on the machine I am installing on, I may see "New Hardware Found Wizard" or "Hardware Update Wizard" as the title. However, the script commands will execute with the former when the latter is what is coded in the Title entry. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Posted Image

I am using AutoIT to automate the installation of a USB bar code scanner. Because there does not seem to be a reliable silent installation, I am automating the install process. I have found that when I use the WinWaitActive and similar commands which look for a window title and subtitle, the title of the window does not seem to always matter. For example, depending on the machine I am installing on, I may see "New Hardware Found Wizard" or "Hardware Update Wizard" as the title. However, the script commands will execute with the former when the latter is what is coded in the Title entry. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Posted Image

Your not making much sense here, autoit will do what you say, if its doing something different its because you are telling it to do something other than you expect. This usually happens when you run your script and you forget to save you changes.

Firstly - have a good look into the slient install option, most programs respond to foo.exe /? or foo.exe --help. If it is a msi program msiexec can control it.

Secondly - WinWaitActive and the like uses a function like WinList to find a match to the given title. If you are having trouble, use WinList to see what is going on.

Thirdly - like StickyChopstix said, the info tool is great. Give that a crack and post ur code if you are having issues.

:)

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]