Problem creating array from FileRead

My script opens a text file and grabs all of the information from it to a variable. The variable is correct that it shows all of the listed information. I am having a problem separating that information. I was trying to use Ubound but wasn't able to get that working.

What i would like for it to do, is take the first 3 sets of numbers and put those in the 3 columns then the next 3 numbers until its finished. the text file reads pretty easy

and so forth. Most of them will be less than 40 lines total. I know how to add multiple variables into a list item but im not sure how to actually separate these numbers into different variables from the text file.

here is the 3 lines i have so far, as everything i have tried hasn't worked so has been erased.

$var = FileRead($openwp_file)
MsgBox (0, "hi", $var)      
GUICtrlSetData($item1, $var)

i feel that i need to make an array, but i have found a few on the forums and cant seem to get them to work. $var[0][0] returns array errors and so i tried [1][10] to see if it would work for the reading of down the list. Every attempt has given me "Subscript used with non-array variable" errors. i have tried to declare the $var as a dim along with the [] numbers before hand also. Just not sure where to go with this and any help is appreciated.

lol wow yea ill check it out sounds like it will work fine. thanks!

where on the wiki can i find info on that?

yea that worked thanks!

working code for someone searching. Out puts the line number and the value with that line.

Local $var

_FileReadToArray($openwp_file, $var)
For $w = 1 to $var[0]
MsgBox(0, "", $w & $var[$w])
If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
Next
Edited by peanutym