How are scripts disabled?

This is my first post and I have read both faqs in this forum. I love AutoIt and have used it for many things---satisfying my curiosity and making mundane things less of a chore. I'm not much of a programmer at all, I just made my way with the help file, but sometimes I have a problem don't know what I'm looking for. Here is my problem:

When I open Guitar Hero III (on PC of course) none of my scripts work. I first noticed this when I was trying to make a script to do some double strumming for me and none of my inputs were working. I would alt+tab and my script would not be paused or anything, just unresponsive. I thought something was wrong with the way I was coding and left it alone. Since then I have made many successful scripts, and while using one to make navigating another program's interface easier (Garena) I had Guitar Hero III in the background to play once in awhile. But after alt+tabbing from GH3 and back to Garena, my script for Garena was totally unresponsive as well, forcing me to close GH3 to allow my Garena script to start working again.

Does anyone know how GH3 is not only blocking action to itself from outside programs, but to other programs as well? Is there any solution? Maybe the answers to these questions would require some knowledge about how GH3 works, but I'm hoping my problem with GH3 is a common problem with programs and that there is a common solution.

there is no solution on these forums because the programs that do that, do it so they can't be automated; allowing unblocking on the official site would likely cause issues and so there are no solutions here, though i can't say for other places

there is no solution on these forums because the programs that do that, do it so they can't be automated; allowing unblocking on the official site would likely cause issues and so there are no solutions here, though i can't say for other places

Ok thanks, that was a quick response.