SAPI.SpVoice Queue Message Example

zackrspv

I have a wonderful Jabber/XMPP autoit chat that I wanted to add TTS functionality too. So, this is the method I used. It works awesomely well ;)

This is just an example. So in this case, click on the button ('Speak/Queue Text') to make it say 'This is a test #' (the # is automatically increaed everytime you press the button). Click it about oh, i dont know, randomly 8 to 10 times.

You'll see that it continues to talk, instead of interrupting the text, and then process each message in order it was received.

#include <array.au3>
Global $voicequeue
Global $voice = ObjCreate("SAPI.SpVoice")
If Not IsObj($voice) Then Exit MsgBox(0, "TTS Error", "Could not start SAPI services, please make sure they are installed!")
$gui = GUICreate("", 120, 20, -1, -1)
$but = GUICtrlCreateButton("Speak/Queue Text", 0, 0, 120, 20)
GUISetState()
$c = 0
While 1
    If UBound($voicequeue) > 0 Then
        If $voice.Status.RunningState = 1 Then
            $string = _ArrayPop($voicequeue)
            $voice.Speak($string, 11)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case - 3
            Exit
        Case $but
            $c += 1
            $string = "This is a test:  " & $c
            If $voice.Status.RunningState = 1 Then
                $voice.Volume = 100
                $voice.Voice = $voice.GetVoices().Item(0)
                $voice.Rate = 0
                $voice.Speak($string, 11)
            Else
                If UBound($voicequeue) = 0 Then
                    Dim $voicequeue[1] = [$string]
                Else
                    _ArrayInsert($voicequeue, 0, $string)
                EndIf
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
WEnd

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Looks good !

BTW, I'm very interested in you jabber code too ;)

Can you post it here, or send it to me ?

Thanks !

Apzo.

Heya, I replied to you a bit ago in the previous thread you asked me that in. Here's the link to that: Jabber/XMPP

You will need chilkatsocket dll to connect out, and secure the stream, which makes XMPP happy. It was simple to do, the rest is just message handling xml reading, etc.

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Heya, I replied to you a bit ago in the previous thread you asked me that in. Here's the link to that: Jabber/XMPP

You will need chilkatsocket dll to connect out, and secure the stream, which makes XMPP happy. It was simple to do, the rest is just message handling xml reading, etc.

There is a slight change in how i do the login to the rooms than what i posted previuosly to you. You have to be careful how you send the request to join a password protected room, otherwise jabber will give you an invalid method return.

For $i = 0 To UBound($rooms) - 1 ;- process each command below for each room
        If $rooms[$i][0] = "" Then
        Else
            If $rooms[$i][1] <> "" Then
                $count += 1
                $send = '<iq id="' & $codeID & '-' & $count + $i & '" to="' & $rooms[$i][0] & '@' & $cserver & '" type="get"><query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info"></query></iq>'
                ConsoleWrite("TX:" & $send & @CRLF)
                asend($objXMPP, $send & @CRLF)
                Sleep(100)
                $data = waitars($objXMPP)
                If $data = -1 Then ConsoleWrite("Failed to log into room.  Name is either in use or banned."&@CRLF)
            EndIf
            $count += 1
            $send = '<presence id="' & $codeID & '-' & $count + $i & '" to="' & $rooms[$i][0] & '@' & $cserver & '/' & $myjid & '"><x xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/muc"><password>' & $rooms[$i][1] & '</password></x></presence>'
            ConsoleWrite("TX:" & $send & @CRLF)
            asend($objXMPP, $send & @CRLF)
            Sleep(100)
            If $data = -1 Then ConsoleWrite("Failed to log into room.  Name is either in use or banned."&@CRLF)
            ConsoleWrite("DR2: " & $data & @CRLF)
            If Not StringInStr($data, "presence") Then
                ConsoleWrite("DR2: " & $data & @CRLF)
                If Not StringInStr($data, "presence") Then ContinueLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
        Sleep(100)
    Next

The key thing to realize here is that if the room has a password, you MUST QUERY the room first (hence why it does the check if element 1 of the subest is not blank. once you query, y ou can then send your presence to the room.