AU3Iifo Frozen in Version 3.3.2.0

Yes it initializes in frozen mode and I like it.

You can download an older version of the tool: http://files.berserks.org/McDopes_Releases/Au3Info.exe

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

Yes it initializes in frozen mode and I like it.

You can download an older version of the tool: http://files.berserks.org/McDopes_Releases/Au3Info.exe

Thanks. I still have access to the previous version myself. I may try to get used to the latest version, so I don't miss any improvements going forward. I must be not understanding something though. The initially frozen tool seems to me to be completely useless until it's unfrozen. I understand the possible value of being able to freeze the information presented after some information has been captured, but what's the value of an initial state of being frozen showing nothing?

I always have it in frozen and use the window finder tool to get the control info. It can be changed very easily either through the menu or by the hotkey (can't remember what though).

I see. I have to admit that I've never used, or even really been aware of the window finder tool. I can see now that it's at least possible that I'll find the new behavior desirable once I've gained experience with the finder tool.

I do note that the documentation of the Window Info Tool seems to more or less describe its previous behavior in that it implies, if doesn't explicitly state, that the initial state will be unfrozen.

• 1 month later...

...I can see now that it's at least possible that I'll find the new behavior desirable once I've gained experience with the finder tool.

I commend your tolerance. I prefer the unfrozen default, by starting Au3info with this script:

Run (@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoIt3\Au3Info.exe")

WinWait("AutoIt v3 Window Info")

Send("!^f")