How @comSpec run in administrator under Win7?

How @comSpec run in administrator under Win7?

I previoulsy made a script to join xp to domain with no any problems. the script is built as Joindomain.exe

however, when I want to run Joindomain.exe in win7, I found would get error 1326 which is said unkonwn user name and passwrd even I ran the Joindomain.exe in administrator mode. of course, I certain ensure the password input is correct.

I believe the problem is caused by that WIN7 requires administroat previliege to perform @comSpec, as I actually ran joindomain.exe in administrator, but @comspect does not.

I see there's powershell to join domain in win7 but I still prefer netdom approach, and autoit script in gui, not sure if theres anybody who have any suggestions/comments can bypass this authentication issues for new session in @comspec...

$JoinadCmdLine = @ComSpec & " /c netdom.exe Move " & @ComputerName & " /Domain:contoso.com /ou:ou="&$OU1&",dc=contoso,dc=com /ud:contoso\"&$domainID&" /pd:"&$domainPW&" /uo:" & @computername &"\"&$LocalID&" /po:"&$LocalPW&" /verbose /reboot:15"
Run($JoinadCmdLine, "", @SW_HIDE)

• 2 months later...

I am going through some similar paing. Netdom is no longer supported in vista and Windows 7. There are some problems with add-computer from powershell. Mainly in dealing with specifying a password for the domain join. You will at best need to find a non netdom approach. Whoever said change is good never tried to script Windows 7 domain migrations.