Errors

hi,

Why do I get this error with an inbuilt script

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile\GUICtrlCreateDate.au3"   

>Running AU3Check...

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile\GUICtrlCreateDate.au3(17,20) : ERROR: $DTS_TIMEFORMAT previously declared as a 'Const'

$DTS_TIMEFORMAT = 9

I think installation aproblem.

Can no-one please help?

Randall

Unfortunately, this means that I do not have the original version installed, and "Alt-F5" does nothing, only F5 runs beta16.

Could you tell me, please, timing and diretory for each;

1. v3.1.1 stable/ .....AutoIT directory?

2. Scite Definitions stable/... same?

3. beta16/..... AutoIT ..................or AutoIT /beta? - (done automatically or select?)

4.Scite defsfor beta 16; allow the request to install to AutoIT directory? (is it not over-writing the original definitions in that directory, so stable nt available?

Thanks, Randall

Help!

randall

• Developers

The issue is that in the new GUIConstants.au3 file, all variables are defined as 'Const'

Maybe the examples can be reviewed and updated that they aren't creating errors anymore with Au3CHeck.

@randallc,

just click the "Continue Anyway" button on the Compileau3 "Au3Check errors" screen when you are sure it should be ok.

As far as your other issue:

I forgot that at this moment you also need to download the au3.properties file as posted in the 3.1.1++ thread..... HERE

1. v3.1.1 stable/ .....AutoIT directory?

Default: Programdirectory\Autoit3

2. Scite Definitions stable/... same?

See Last Item..

3. beta16/..... AutoIT ..................or AutoIT /beta? - (done automatically or select?)

Is stored in: Programdirectory\Autoit3\beta

4.Scite defsfor beta 16; allow the request to install to AutoIT directory? (is it not over-writing the original definitions in that directory, so stable nt available?

To change the definitions for SciTE/Tidy/Au3check/Funcpopup between Last production and Beta you have to run program AUtoit3\Scite\Updatedefs.exe which has a link in the startmenu\All programs\Autoit3\Scite\Switch definitions

I will post an update for SciTE later today in which the new au3.properties will be included.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)