Gmail get messages

dminion

Hello all, I've been looking around for ways to get messages from a gmail account. I've found some posts that have some examples but have been unable to completely understand the scripts. I have downloaded an example script that will download and parse emails but it's looking for _POP.au3 which I can't find. Could someone please help me connect to a gmail account using IMAP so that I can download messages? I can use POP if I have to but IMAP would be preferable.

Thanks in advance!

I use a workaround. I set up a free email account (such as 000webhost.com) and then forward the emails I want to download (gmail filter) to the newly created email. From there I can download using POP3. Gmail requires SSL which most of the scripts fail to support.

If you find a solution please do tell. :mellow:

I use a workaround. I set up a free email account (such as 000webhost.com) and then forward the emails I want to download (gmail filter) to the newly created email. From there I can download using POP3. Gmail requires SSL which most of the scripts fail to support.

If you find a solution please do tell. :mellow:

Yes I found a solution...

I installed OpenSSL and used POP_ssl_V3.2.au3 and tested it using POP_ssl_V3.2_Example.au3.

Seems to work pretty well. It does seem to be as you said in your other post though. It looks like it marks the messages as read so the next time you run the script, it doesn't show up in the list. Works fine for what I'm doing, making them invisible after I read them is exactly what I didn't know I needed... ;-)

Thanks!