Windows 7 issues

Hi, apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I'm having problems using WinGetText in Windows 7, in that it doesn't manage to read any text whatsoever. Does anyone know of any way round this, or am I doing something wrong, etc.? Regards, Zico.

WinGetText should work on Windows 7. Can you provide more details? One problem could be that nonadmin scripts can't read the windows of admin processes.

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

I'm currently using Win 7 Ultimate and im also having problems with get text in IE.

Can't remember who, but a user on this forum could use my script and get the letters i want to get with this script:

#include <String.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
$dir1 = @ScriptDir & "/site.html"
$dir2 = "C:\Users\Banan\Documents\Auto it\site.html"
$title = "The Text"

$html = _IECreate($dir2)
$read = _StringBetween($html, "im", "geek")

But i couldn't.

WinGetText should work on Windows 7. Can you provide more details? One problem could be that nonadmin scripts can't read the windows of admin processes.

Hi, many thanks for responses. Any message boxes that have been generated by our own programs can be read from, using WinGetText, but any message boxes generated by the system (e.g. Confirm Save As in MsPaint when file exists already) can not be read. Even when I use the Au3Info tool, it doesn't appear able to read the text from these message boxes. Regards, Zico.

Hi, many thanks for responses. Any message boxes that have been generated by our own programs can be read from, using WinGetText, but any message boxes generated by the system (e.g. Confirm Save As in MsPaint when file exists already) can not be read. Even when I use the Au3Info tool, it doesn't appear able to read the text from these message boxes. Regards, Zico.

I see what you mean. On my W7 Ultimate system I cannot read the text of the msgbox from paint either.

Edited by FuryCell
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112347&st=0

Any luck finding a solution?

I have analyzed various message boxes from utorrent and I cannot use something else to read them (like handle or style or something) - all parameters change every time box is displayed.