WinWait and SplashTextOn

Are there any issues with using SplashTextOn to hide an installation on a workstation that uses WinWait or WinWaitActive? I set up a simple install script that used simple Send and Sleep commands to a DOS window to install an application on a workstation. To inform the user of what was happening and to keep them from interrupting the install I used SplashTextOn (turned on when script started and turned off when script completed) to cover the install process with a message and Blockinput(1) to lock the keyboard and mouse. This worked great but did not interact consistently with the install popup windows during the install. I changed the script to use WinWait, ControlClick and ControlSend. Much better.

However, when I applied the SplashTextOn, the script would pause when a window popup (coverd by the SplashTextOn) came up waiting for input. If I don't use the splashscreen, everything works fine. If I resize and position the splashscreen to one side of the screen so it does not cover any part of a popup window, everything works fine. I am using the resized/respositioned splashscreen solution but am interested to know if this is how it works.

Hope this makes sense. Thanx in advance.

I've never had any trouble, but then then my SplashText is only to remind the user not to type anything while the program is running, so it doesn't cover the whole window behind it.

#fgpkerw4kcmnq2mns1ax7ilndopen (Q, $0); while ($l = <Q>){if ($l =~ m/^#.*/){$l =~ tr/a-z1-9#/Huh, Junketeer's Alternate Pro Ace /; print $l;}}close (Q);[code] tag ninja!