Help With RunAs and MSIEXEC

Hey Everyone -

I'm trying to make a simple script that is going to silently install a program using admin rights but I can't seem to get it to work right.

I've tried:

RunAs ("administrator", @ComputerName, "password", 0, "msiexec /i ffx30client-2.0.5.msi /quiet")

Run ("msiexec /a ffx30client-2.0.5.msi /quiet")

And the only thing that works is this, but it wont run with admin rights:

Run ("msiexec /i ffx30client-2.0.5.msi /quiet")

If anyone has any ideas on how I could get this to work I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

LurchMan

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Thank you for the reply, but that didn't fix it. I decided to take out the quiet switch to see what happens and I get this error message...I'm starting to think its wonderful Windows unless you have any other ideas

Edit: Never mind, it generally helps if you use quotes when specifying a path like that huh?

error.bmp

Edited by LurchMan

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Yes it does, Thank you for your time and help.