How to establish a fail safe Internet connction

Hi folks,

I'm in need of a fail safe internet connection without buying an expensive hardware based solution and so I added UMTS dial-in-connection to my machine which I managed it with AutoIT to be switch on if the usual connection via the router fails.

But now the problems start, because the dialing connection via UMTS is volumne based and I must switch back to the router connection. So far no problem. The real trouble is to check the possible internet connection via the router while the UMTS connection is alive.

The only way to do that until now is to deactivate the UMTS connection and check wether an internet connection is possible. But that means to be cut off totally and this must not happen.

Thanks for any ideas

Your ethernet port is separate from the modem, and it's status can be checked without disturbing the dial-up connection.

Try "IPCONFIG /ALL" at the command prompt to see the status manually. That can be Run() by AutoIt, and the text parsed for status.

If you know what WMI is and can work with COM objects, there are geekier ways to do it also.

:idea:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law