Someone must have already done this.

I've done my testing.

Martin, that's an interesting concept but since this is a color picker the change needs to be pretty much instantaneous. I might still be able to do something with it though.

For the others that tried using contrasting colors. That concept will fail on certain colors, some shades of yellow make it particularily noticable.

I pretty much have to stay with black and white by the looks of it, and that is just fine.

Right now I'm using that really ugly one that I did and it's doing everything that's required, it sets the text to white on dark colors and to black on lighter colors. So far it has not given me a problem on any color but I can pretty much figure that sooner or later I'll hit one that isn't quite right.

As for GDIP, not a chance that I'm going to #include a library like that for such a simple function as this when it's not used anyplace else in the app. I'm not a big GDIP fan anyway and try to avoid it, although there was one point quite a while back when I did think of using it in this picker.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"