I.E. and Send function

Hello, I have an issue that maybe someone else came across, but managed to fix it themselves..

Part of the AutoIt program I made involves opening a new Internet Explorer window; the keyboard command for that is CTRL+N, So that would mean using Send("^n") correct?

My problem is that from 3 Send commands only 2 are processed by the browser. Having one page opened, when I'm using Send 3 times, I should have 4 pages.. only 3 are opened.

Well here is the exact portion of the script:

Sleep(5000)
    WinSetState("", "", @SW_RESTORE)
    Sleep(5000)
    Send("^n")
    Sleep(5000)
    Send("^n")
    Sleep(5000)
    Send("^n")
    Sleep(5000)

The Restore is just to restore from Maximize state, I was thinking that maybe the page takes too long to load, and somehow the script is blocked, but also I tried giving my program higher priority on a process level. As you can see there is nothing.. complicated that needs to be done, I even set some exagerated delays (Sleep(5000)) .

The machine on which the program doesn't work right is a i7 processor 8 cores, memory i don't think is that much of importance, neither the rest of the components as I'm thinking only the processing power is the problem. The environment it needs to work on is a Remote Desktop Session on win server 2008 set up as remote desktop server.

Why I mentioned that I'm thinking the processing power is to blame is that running my program on a virtual machine limited to 1 max 2 cores has no problems.. not to mention the Delays by Sleep are different from running on the win server(Sleep last a lot less on the 8 core machine).

Now besides what I tried to do above, with a lot more sleep, was to make Send different, but I'm lacking the information here...

I tried to do

Send("{^ down}")
Send("n")
Send("{^ up}")

Only it didn't do anything.. so clearly that's not the way to do it :mellow:..

If anyone has any ideas how I could get Send, to either be sent "slower" or to first hold ctrl , send "n" and release after...

Using Multiple Virtual machines limited to 2 cores is not that much of an option, I was on this setup until now. By using Windows remote desktop server I can double the number of "machines" - in this case there would be users, remote desktop sessions.

Edited by zapperzme

I didn't read the Help file properly it seams..

Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 1)

SendKeyDownDelay Alters the length of time a key is held down before being released during a keystroke. For applications that take a while to register keypresses (and many games) you may need to raise this value from the default. A value of 0 removes the delay completely.

Time in milliseconds to pause (default=5).

I underestimated the Help file of AutoIt.. :mellow:

Thanks Zibit. But most of all Thank you all AutoIt Devs.