General on Encryption

Hi all,

I am trying to create a massed P2P network, with encryption (With different random keys) between each node.

I plan to use the _StringEncrypt fucntion.

How strong is this? is this level strong enough and fast enough for such use?

If not, what are my other options?

Thanks,

Hypoz.

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

_StringEncrypt() is good for what you need. Actually is based on RC4 cipher.

Thanks.

The problem now will be finding a way to determine a dynamic key, without actually sending the key unencrypted or encrypted with a static or algorihmic key.

You no Codebooks? Like in Terminator at Crystal Peak? I'm thinking that I have an array containing 200 or so different words linked in pairs.

Then, straight after connecting, a computer would be sending a random one of these codewords contained in the variable array, and that will tell the computer on the other side that the word, that the sent word is linked to, is the encryption key.

EG:

The variable array has the word 'tree' linked to 'hat'.

Computer one sends tree, straight after connecting to computer two.

Computer two realises that the encryption code is 'hat', by looking at the variable array hardcoded into the program.

IS THIS A GOOD SYSTEM? If not, is there a better way to deciede keys? and what level do I need to set the encryption to?

Thanks, Hypoz

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

You can try using public-key cryptography methods for your encryption. Don't know what you can use or how you can implement it yourself though. The encryption functions available in Crypt.au3 only uses symmetric keys for encryption.

Edited by omikron48

Took me a while to find it, you many want to read this.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

@ominron48: I doubt that Public key Cryptography can deal with 10 different strings to decrypt/encrypt in a second. (Yes, massive load).

The infomation that you have given me is very good so thanks, but no one has answered my question.

Is the method described in my second post suitable, considering the sheer number of packets, the security of the encryption, and the speed nesseary?

Thanks,

Hypoz