Script to get the X-Y coordinates of a control

Hey, folks!

I am fairly new to using AutoIt, so I'm having a challenging time getting started in developing a short script I need. Fortunately, I know exactly what I want the script to do, so I was hoping someone might be able to assist me. This script needs to perform the following functions (in this order):

1.) Locate a specified control in a software application. (I know of the tool "AutoIt Window Info" to get control information, but I don't know how to convey such information to script authoring.) This control would likely be a button or text box in which an end user would interact.

2.) Once the specified control is located in the software application, determine what the X-Y coordinates of that control are at that time.

3.) Write the X-Y coordinates of that control to an array, then save that array to an external file.

I'm not sure how I would get started developing such a script. While I have read about the "_AddArray" and "GetMousePos" functions, I'm not sure how to integrate them into a script.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance!

Most graciously...

RGBreality