Legacy MFC application

ntgd83

Hi,

Recently, I have to use AutoIt script to drive an legacy MFC application. When I use AutoIt v3 Window Info tool to look at the listview wndow, it looks something like this:

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: SysListView32

Instance: 3

ClassnameNN: SysListView323

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:3]

ID: 59648

Since it does not return an unique app.ID number like what I used to get with more current application created by .net, e.g.

>>> Control <<<<

Class: WindowsForms10.MDICLIENT.app.0.2e0c681

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: WindowsForms10.MDICLIENT.app.0.2e0c6811

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:WindowsForms10.MDICLIENT.app.0.2e0c681; INSTANCE:1]

ID: 1773694

I usually put "CLASS:WindowsForms10.MDICLIENT.app.0.2e0c681; INSTANCE:1" in my autotestini.ini file. How can I make my AutoIt script to drive the legacy MFC Visual C++7.1 program ?

I tried using "CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:3" in my autotestini.ini file, it did not work.

Did you correctly ID the window?

What exactly did you try to do with the listview? Are you sure whatever it was is valid with the older version? If you do ControlGetHandle() with your window and control identies, do you get the valid handle back?

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law