AutoIt and IE

I use StrokeIt to add gesture capability to any application.. Right now I am trying to automate "Open Link in New Window". Is there a way to get the link's target location, even if it's hidden from the statusbar by javascript or if it's a product of javascript?

I don't think there is any way to do this. Information embedded in the HTML document is not directly accessible to AutoIt (or to StrokeIt which I also use). You'd need to the the COM interface into IE and you'd need to get very resourceful to be able to pass information about the mouse position in the document to AutoIt.

That said, you could probably just do this in StrokeIt by configuring your gesture to send a Shift-MouseClick to IE, which will open the link in a new window.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble