Connect a Broadband Connection in WinXP

jsa272

I am trying to write a script to go into control panel network connections and then to connect a network connection that is in the Broadband Connection category within Network Connections. This isn't enabling or disabling the Local Area Connection, but a specifically named connection in network connections. This is not for my broadband internet connection, but for a backup connection that takes over if the cellular network aircard connection fails.

I have dragged a copy of this broadband connection to the windows startup folder - in order for it to connect to the broadband connection on startup it has to be put into the "All Users" and the "User" startup folder. The problem is when there is a new user on the network logs into a computer they haven't logged into before, the broadband connection will not startup - until I have gone in and dragged that broadband connection to that new users startup folder that is created when they have logged into a computer for the first time.

I have a method of combining a script or program into another piece of software that will create a windows service to execute this action on computer startup, but I can't get a script that will navigate to control panel network connections, go to the "XYZ named Connection" in the broadband connections category and then cause it to connect.

Does anyone know how this can be done, I need to do this without using mouseclicks and I don't know if there would be a way to do it silent?

Thanks!