Recognize device access

bmueller

Hi there,

well, in times of green IT i want to turn my Printer/Scanner on and off via a script. I have a USB-controlled-multiple-socket. I am checking the folder C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS for files. When a file was found, the script turns on the printer and turns it off after 15 minutes.

This part was quite easy but what, if i want to scan something (scanner is integrated in the printer). I checked for processes, files... nothing.

Anyone an idea how to recognize, that windows wants to access a scanner?

Thank you very much in advance.

bmueller,

Why not just have a simple prog on desktop that turns it on... it'll save you the effort of reaching over to it to turn it on.

BTW, are you saying you have a 'power board', you know those things with multiple power outlets, that you can turn on/off via USB? That's interesting. How do you do that?

4Eyes

Hi 4eyes,

you're right, i could use the program, which is delivered with the Silvershield PMS (that's the power board), but i'd like to automate as many power processes as possible in my home and especially with my computer. All other devices are already integrated by sending a commandline option to turn the device on or off.

Edited by bmueller