GUI On Top

So I've combined three methods to make my GUI to be on top... but it just isn't working, and I don't know why.

I have created a tool which shows my APM (Actions Per Minute) in the new RTS - Starcraft II. I want that little GUI to show my APM (just some numbers) on my Starcraft II screen while I'm playing.

Well for some reason, SC2 is forcing it to be on top when active, and it's completely ignoring my GUI's states to be on top.

Here are the three combinations I have used:

WinSetOnTop("Average APM Tool", "", 1)

;---------------

GUICtrlSetState($Form1, $GUI_ONTOP)

;----------

While 1
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form1)

;----------

All three are working fine when I am navigating on my Firefox, opening other programs, etc... but just not SC2.

Any ideas on how to absolutely FORCE this?

I don't think this is possible to accomplish easily using Au3. You would have to create an overlay for SC2, by hooking into the game etc. Just like the Steam overlay or XFire. Complicated stuff.

You could play SC2 windowed? A lot of games permits this by using command line arguments like "-window".

;)

I don't think this is possible to accomplish easily using Au3. You would have to create an overlay for SC2, by hooking into the game etc. Just like the Steam overlay or XFire. Complicated stuff.

You could play SC2 windowed? A lot of games permits this by using command line arguments like "-window".

;)

Yeah, but 50% of the population plays Full Screen... I know I do.

I did find an exact similar program that actually uses the Starcraft II APM Counter that is used in Replays (but not in-game)... They hooked on to it and displayed in live in the game.

Would anyone want to help me in converting the VS code to AutoIt? :/

http://github.com/tec27/APMAlert2

All files are archived at that link... I'm not much of programmer other than AutoIt, so I really don't know what's going on in that code.

A lot of the files there are for customizing the font color/size, which I do not need... So that could narrow down a lot to convert.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

UnknownWarrior,

Have you read this? Might explain why you are getting no replies. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

UnknownWarrior,

Have you read this? Might explain why you are getting no replies. ;)

M23

It's not an automation or bot of any kind. It's a tool to help aide in any game. What if your English teacher assigns you to write a 500 word essay and Microsoft Word didn't tell you how many words you have typed... Wouldn't that just be a pain in the arse?

That's exactly what I am doing here. People want to know how fast they are playing, it measures, to an extent, how well they are doing. Not knowing it is a 'pain in the arse' just like in the example above.

I guess take it for what it's worth. It is not in any way automating anything in a game at all. It could even be used for non-game use if someone would find the use for that. Ex: WPM (Words Per Minute) tool.