Progress bar help

Sbakor

Hello, im new to autoit and programming in general, ive went through a lot of basic tutorials and now im trying to create a very basic instant messenger program just to see if i can. Im trying to make a progress bar show a user's ping time to the server, such as if they have low ping the bar is full if high ping its low. was wondering if this is possible.

Just create yourself a GUI, then add the progress bar. Progress bar can only go 0 to 100 (I assume), so figure out your min and max ping response times and divide the current ping response time by what you would consider the the max that value would be used to set the progressbar.

For instance:

Min = 50ms

Max = 1500ms

Random response time would be 350ms. 350/1500 = ~23 so your bar would be about a quarter full.

Use Ping() if you didn't already know about it.

Just create yourself a GUI, then add the progress bar. Progress bar can only go 0 to 100 (I assume), so figure out your min and max ping response times and divide the current ping response time by what you would consider the the max that value would be used to set the progressbar.

For instance:

Min = 50ms

Max = 1500ms

Random response time would be 350ms. 350/1500 = ~23 so your bar would be about a quarter full.

Use Ping() if you didn't already know about it.

Thanks will give it a try