StringReplace in Array with variable with line break

Hello All

I searched about this on the forums, but nothing turned up - it is pretty specific.

I've got a script which opens a webpage, searches through it and gets information from fields. So far, so good.

After I found this information, I change to html source to highlight the information. Which works most of the time, with the following exception:

If the String contains an html line break (< br >), it will fail to do this correctly, when the StringReplace is being done in a loop.

Dim $aInfo[5]

$aInfo[0] = $sNhId
$aInfo[1] = $sNhName
$aInfo[2] = $sNhCode
$aInfo[3] = $sNhDDA
$aInfo[4] = $sNhASDA

For $sInfo in $aInfo
    If $sInfo <> "" Then
        $sHTML = StringReplace($sHTML, $sInfo, '<span style="background-color: #ffff00">' & $sInfo & '</span>')
    EndIf
Next

Let's say that $sNhASDA = "test<br>item", then after _IEBodyWriteHTML, the source will show as "<span style="background-color: #ffff00">test</span><br>item" and only the first line will be highlighted.

Testing this outside the loop, the following work correctly:

$sHTML = StringReplace($sHTML, $sNhASDA, '<span style="background-color: #ffff00">' & $sNhASDA & '</span>')
$sHTML = StringReplace($sHTML, $aInfo[4], '<span style="background-color: #ffff00">' & $aInfo[4] & '</span>')
$i=4
$sHTML = StringReplace($sHTML, $$aInfo[$i], '<span style="background-color: #ffff00">' & $aInfo[$i] & '</span>')

When changing the loop to For To Step, it fails as well.

Using a temporary variable, instead of adding the <span... in StringReplace fails as well.

I know I could easily work around this - but I'd like to know what is going on or if I'm missing something...

Thanks!