send string

Dog ate your help file?

Check out the "raw" flag parameter of Send() and ControlSend() in the help file.

:graduated:

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Dog ate your help file?

Check out the "raw" flag parameter of Send() and ControlSend() in the help file.

ofcourse i did that..... it just wont work sending a raw key # will send 3 instead... so it will send 3hello instead of #hello... please try to put a helpful comment not just posting the help file... I'm here to learn and if sometimes i can't understand the help file, i try to ask and learn.

• Developers

k, that quote is starting to get annoying.

you think so?

You what is annoying? people like you commenting like this.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

k, that quote is starting to get annoying.

What alternative do you prefer:

Escaped micro singularity from the LHC ate your help file?

Oprah on a binge ate your help file?

One of four thousand potholes in Blackburn, Lancashire ate your help file?

Yo' mamma ate your help file?

"Medical" marijuana make you forget where you put your help file?

Zero-day Trojan ate your help file?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

ofcourse i did that..... it just wont work sending a raw key # will send 3 instead... so it will send 3hello instead of #hello... please try to put a helpful comment not just posting the help file... I'm here to learn and if sometimes i can't understand the help file, i try to ask and learn.

This is a known issue with ControlSend() which I assume you use since Send() will likely work?

By the way.. when you would have posted enough information in your original request you wouldn't have seen the comment about the helpfile.

I see this way too often that a one liner question is posted without any effort to explain what was done or example posted and we are expected to give a more serious answer.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

ofcourse i did that..... it just wont work sending a raw key # will send 3 instead...

Really? You tried the raw flag, and it sent a 3 instead of a literal pound sign?

I call BS* on that one.

*Bovine Scat!

you think so?

You what is annoying? people like you commenting like this.

Um, I said that because he uses that quote frequently when someone asks for help on a topic that can be found in the helpfile.

And I'm sure I don't care what you find annoying, reguardless of your ranking.

What alternative do you prefer:

Escaped micro singularity from the LHC ate your help file?

Oprah on a binge ate your help file?

One of four thousand potholes in Blackburn, Lancashire ate your help file?

Yo' mamma ate your help file?

"Medical" marijuana make you forget where you put your help file?

Zero-day Trojan ate your help file?

Eh, if the helpfile joke floats your boat, then stick with the original.

• Developers

Um, I said that because he uses that quote frequently when someone asks for help on a topic that can be found in the helpfile.

And I'm sure I don't care what you find annoying, reguardless of your ranking.

Understood that this is your opinion and gave you my opinion which doesn't agree with yours.

So, Lets agree to disagree BUT there is nothing wrong with telling people to open up the helpfile when the question asked could have been easily found there.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.