Script see if users exist

russell

I have wordpress and it controls my users subscriptions. I also have PHPBB for my forums. I wrote a script that uses an ftp server to verify a subscription. I.E. if the script returns a size of a file then subscription good. I am changing this but would like my script to use the database in word press to verify the account is in a subscription category. Any ideas? Can AutoIt check a database that it doesn't generate?

muppet hands are so soft :)

I have wordpress and it controls my users subscriptions. I also have PHPBB for my forums. I wrote a script that uses an ftp server to verify a subscription. I.E. if the script returns a size of a file then subscription good. I am changing this but would like my script to use the database in word press to verify the account is in a subscription category. Any ideas? Can AutoIt check a database that it doesn't generate?

Seeing as both Wordpress and PHPBB use MySQL for their database backends, you'd need to look into a MySQL UDF (which there is a few around of).

James

after doing much research i have found Mysql UDF would be the direction i need to go but it would seem that so many people have started this task and either gave up or in general lack the information to connect to a site other than local. Anyone got any ideas?

muppet hands are so soft :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am also trying to connect to a mysql database to look for a subscribed user for my autoit script.

I have played around with Mysql UDF, and have had no success with it. Is there anyone around who could point m in the right direction? It seems I can not get it to connect. =|

any and all ideas appreciated.

thx

Cue