List variables in SciTE

For some reason, the SyntaxCheck Prod tool in SciTE isn't picking up variables that haven't been declared. Is it possible to list out all the $... variables that have been used in the script? When I start typipng $... it lists the all in a dropdown, is it possible to get at that list?

Similar to "List Functions"

Edited by mpcluever

I doubt the syntax checker is missing undeclared variables. Are you sure they aren't declared inside one of your #include files where you don't see them?

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

maybe somehow your script loops in a way that the variable tries to be used before the value is set?

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

• Developers

For some reason, the SyntaxCheck Prod tool in SciTE isn't picking up variables that haven't been declared. Is it possible to list out all the $... variables that have been used in the script? When I start typipng $... it lists the all in a dropdown, is it possible to get at that list?

Similar to "List Functions"

Tidy can generate a nice XREF report with all used Variables and lines they are used in.

Show the example where au3check doesn't detect a variable not defined, but one thing to remember is that au3check doesn't really know the sequence of funcs/code executed so it could assume a variable is defined while it's not really yet.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The syntax checker is not identifying any issues, however the script fails citing an undeclared variable.

Post the shortest demo script you can that reproduces this symptom for you.

Any chance it's happening with Execute(), or Eval()?

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law