I think I am pi$$ed

OK so I was trying to get my version to update when I compile the AU3 file and couldn't get it to update.....I finally figured out I need to install the newest version of SciTE script then right click the AU3 file and compile with options....I do this everything is great and the app runs creating the version I wanted......but.......it changed the AU3 file to an exe not creating an exe along side the au3..........yes I know I didn't back up the file so I am retarded........is it gone forever?

• Developers

I just tried and see you indeed could have the target file the same as the source file which will give and ERROR msgbox and corrupts your source.

Will add a check for this in the next version of AutoIt3Wrapper to prevent shooting yourself in the foot.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm not even sure what I did....I just chose compile with options then hit compile the au3 file is now gone and in it's place is a bright shiny exe file

now I am really weirded out......if I look where the au3 used to be there is an exe......but if I try to copy and old version of the au3 file to the desktop it asks me to overwrite....I say no and the scour the desktop it is not there.....I go into explorer and see the file in the list but it isn't showing up on the desktop...I cut it.....paste it in a folder then cut it and paste it back on the desktop and it is there......weird