Run as standard user

Good day,

let's say, I have an exe with no access to its source. It requires admin rights to be run, however, if admin rights are not granted, its still functioning fine. So, to avoid unnecessary UAC prompts, I want to force it to run as standard user, but have no idea how. I was trying to modify its manifest("requestedExecutionLevel") with ResHacker, but with no luck. Any advice, please? :x

• 3 weeks later...

Good day,

let's say, I have an exe with no access to its source. It requires admin rights to be run, however, if admin rights are not granted, its still functioning fine. So, to avoid unnecessary UAC prompts, I want to force it to run as standard user, but have no idea how. I was trying to modify its manifest("requestedExecutionLevel") with ResHacker, but with no luck. Any advice, please? :x

Make sure you are re-importing a new manifest file, not editing the existing one in place. All of the PE Editors I know can't edit in place and DON'T tell you that they didn't actually change anything upon a save.

Also, you might want to look at resedit (http://www.resedit.net/), as it is more recent code and being maintained.