PROGRAM STATUS WHEN WAITING

vijayan

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I am using AUTOITX in VBA. I am screen scrabing an application. Its works Fine.

Problem:When working with an window, That changes the content(listboxs,buttons) of the window when an toolbar button clicked. It takes some time to change the view. When i scrabbing a list box values, it gives null value. Because that window is progressing to get the data from the database. After Some millisecond only it displays. This time depends upon the database backend of that app.

Sleep function can be used but its the standard waiting time. It take more time when the no of process is high.

Is there any function to know the window whether its processing. Like cursor icon changes to sand clock.

If the control doesn't exist until the GUI is done then just loop on oAutoIt.ControlGetHandle until is succeeds.

If you have an empty ListView control until it is updated, the you could loop on this until you got the expected minimum count:

iCount = oAutoIt.ControlListView "Title", "Text", "ClassNameNN", "GetItemCount"

:x

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If the control doesn't exist until the GUI is done then just loop on oAutoIt.ControlGetHandle until is succeeds.

If you have an empty ListView control until it is updated, the you could loop on this until you got the expected minimum count:

iCount = oAutoIt.ControlListView "Title", "Text", "ClassNameNN", "GetItemCount"

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

In some cases that listcontrol could be empty. That case is the problem.

One of my friend is doing this by capturing the mouse pointer status whether its processing or not using the mouse pointer icon.

Sand Clock - Indicates the processing state.

Normal pointer-Data updated.

But i want a function to know the status of the window directly instead of capturing the mouse pointer.

But i want a function to know the status of the window directly instead of capturing the mouse pointer.

You'll have to explain, in terms of the Windows API, what you mean by "status of the window".

Is there a status bar at the bottom that you might monitor for "Ready", or something that consistently indicates the status?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Ps: Uncheck your caps-lock the next time your typing your topic title.

PROGRAM STATUS WHEN WAITING

It would be a shame if everybody would start doing this just because some others think they need some additional attention on there own topic.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...