Connecting to Outlook.Application while Outlook is running

JerryD

I've been playing with using Outlook COM Objects. ObjCreate ( 'Outlook.Application' ) works fine if Outlook isn't running, but I can't figure out a way to access Outlook COM Objects if Outlook IS running. I've tried ObjGet ( 'Outlook.Application' ), but that didn't work either. I'm hoping this is just something I don't know how to do!

Thanks.

ObjCreate ( 'Outlook.Application' ) doesn't work if it's already running? Have you looked at the Outlook UDF? Do a search it's here somewhere...you can learn all sorts of stuff just reading though it. I'll post when I find it for ya

Edit/Add: Here's Outlook UDF link

Edited by MrMitchell

ObjCreate ( 'Outlook.Application' ) doesn't work if it's already running? Have you looked at the Outlook UDF? Do a search it's here somewhere...you can learn all sorts of stuff just reading though it. I'll post when I find it for ya

Edit/Add: Here's Outlook UDF link

Yes, I'm using that. Funny thing about actually saying what your problem is out loud and then checking it again - sometimes you figure it out. My template file has #RequireAdmin and #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator built in. When I threw together another test that was blank it worked, and I figured out that having the security level different than my "normal" security level caused the problem. Once I removed #RequireAdmin and #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel it works fine.

Thanks for the help MrM!