Hewing Registry for setting IE-adjustments

Hi @ll,

first of all, a short introduction of myself.

Living in germany i am working for a short time in a IT-department for a international company in the hotel sector. i am a complete "Newbie" in scripting therefor i will say i am pleased having found this forum.

I hope everyone will understand my english and if i would write or define somthing wrong, please feel free to meliorate me.

We need to rollout some IE-adjustments for users outside in the hotels, which could not be defined by GPO, in case of the companies regularities...

Following settings must be made:

- Step 1 Set values to HKLM - use instead of HKCU - use

- STEP 2 deactivate PopUp - Blocker

- STEP 3 activate Java - Script

- STEP 4 set User - adjustments to middle

- STEP 5 add www.childprotection-tourism.org to trusted sites

- STEP 6 set layer of filter to low

- STEP 7 update of Adobe Flush - PLayer to current Version

Because we are changing the front office system in several locations the usernames are unequal ( for example: loc1 --> user="motel", loc2--> user="M1234","M1548" or "M1597-GM" ).

In my opinion the best way to get the settings workin' is to adjust them in the HKLM, but i'm not sure...

And how to handle it, if more different users are using the same machine???

thx for help

Edited by mcmaguire

What you want to do sounds simple enough. Step 1 will be controlled by steps 2-6. For steps 2-6, just google what registry strings hold the value for each item. I looked up the first one and here's an example of how to write that registry entry:

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_WEBOC_POPUPMANAGEMENT","iexplore.exe","REG_DWORD",'00000000')

One thing to note about applying HKLM registry entries: you must right click the AutoIt executable and RunAs > Administrator (of the local machine). Running it as a regular user will not apply the registry entries.

As for Step 7, you can use FileInstall function to copy the Adobe Flash installer to the temp directory and then install it. Here's an example of how that could be done:

FileInstall (@ScriptDir & "\AdobeFlash.exe", @TempDir & "\AdobeFlash.exe")
RunWait(@TempDir & "\AdobeFlash.exe -install")
FileDelete(@TempDir & "\AdobeFlash.exe")

#include <ByteMe.au3>