LowKee

Hey all,

Just a quick post to show my face and ask for a bit of help.

I've never programmed in my life but am very keen to learn, I googled about it and was told to try learning python for a first language, joined the forum and explained pretty much what I explained here, and was told I should try Autoit.

I've downloaded it, read the helpfile, looked at the tutorials and had a look at the code, but after that, I have no idea where to go. After the really basic stuff like Msgbox (0, "Title", "text") ...I have no idea what the code means, how it should be used etc..

Be much appricated if anyone could point me to some very VERY basic guides on getting started or basic examples.

Thanks.

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

There 's a list of tutorials on the wiki, look there <---

Also, the helpfile has basic tutorials, and almost every function has a example. look at those too.

hey man, glad you decided to check it out. welcome to the forum, and there are a couple of getting started guides on the forum that can give you some direction if you want a learning path beyond the help file (which is a priceless resource with this language). i recommend you get the scite4autoit editor from the home page also, the syntax tooltips and highlighting help make learning even easier