Calling AutoIt from web application

Hi,

I am calling an Autoit script (named "OpenWebSite.au3") from a asp.net webapplication.

"OpenWebSite.au3" opens a web url in IE and clicks on hyperlink available on web page.

the hyperlink is clicked using mousemove & mouseclick (uses co-ordinates of the screen) functions of autoit.

code written within the calling web application is :

string[] args = {@"D:\Work\Temp\AutoIt\Include\OpenWebSite.au3", arg2, arg3, arg4};

Process.Start(@"D:\Work\Temp\AutoIt\AutoIt3.exe", string.Join(" ", args));

Problem is : Autoit is running as background process and as a result instance of IE is not opening. So mousemove & mouseclick doesnot work because they are working with co-ordinate/postioning on screen.

but when i try to call that "OpenWebSite.au3" using command prompt, it opens up an IE instance and mousemove & mouseclick works fine.

please suggest how can i explicitly open up that IE instance on calling from my web application.

Thanks in Advance,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am calling an Autoit script (named "OpenWebSite.au3") from a asp.net webapplication.

"OpenWebSite.au3" opens a web url in IE and clicks on hyperlink available on web page.

the hyperlink is clicked using mousemove & mouseclick (uses co-ordinates of the screen) functions of autoit.

code written within the calling web application is :

string[] args = {@"D:\Work\Temp\AutoIt\Include\OpenWebSite.au3", arg2, arg3, arg4};

Process.Start(@"D:\Work\Temp\AutoIt\AutoIt3.exe", string.Join(" ", args));

Problem is : Autoit is running as background process and as a result instance of IE is not opening. So mousemove & mouseclick doesnot work because they are working with co-ordinate/postioning on screen.

but when i try to call that "OpenWebSite.au3" using command prompt, it opens up an IE instance and mousemove & mouseclick works fine.

please suggest how can i explicitly open up that IE instance on calling from my web application.

Thanks in Advance,

I'm not sure I'm following you... if you can't explicitly run the OpenWebSite.au3 script because it runs as a background process, but it DOES work when you run in from the command prompt, why couldn't you call the script from a command prompt using cmd.exe?