Revoltec Fightpad

LAttilaD

Greetings. I’ve got a Revoltec Fightpad (image link below), what’s probably a game controller, and I would like to use it as an extension for my keyboard. The software coming with it gives not much help, so I would like to write my own. What I would like to do is simply a HotKeySet for each key on the Fightpad.

I’ve tried _IsPressed to discover if the keys give unique scan codes. No, they give normal codes like function keys and letter and number keys. So I believe I need to dig in deeper, but I lack the knowledge.

Please let me know what to do.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.modreactor.com/images/stories/reviews/revoltec_fightpad/01/001.JPG

Láng Attila D., LAttilaD.org

I read that the Fightpad has programmable keys. If you make the Fightpad 1/M1 key for example press the ctrl+alt+shift+numpad1 key, you can capture the key in AutoIt with:

HotKeySet("^!+{NUMPAD1}", "_MyKeyHandler")

And you also avoid accidental pressed with the normal keyboard. Because who has consciously pressed ctrl+alt+shift+numpad1 in their life?

Edited by Manadar

I read that the Fightpad has programmable keys. If you make the Fightpad 1/M1 key for example press the ctrl+alt+shift+numpad1 key, you can capture the key in AutoIt with:

HotKeySet("^!+{NUMPAD1}", "_MyKeyHandler")

And you also avoid accidental pressed with the normal keyboard. Because who has consciously pressed ctrl+alt+shift+numpad1 in their life?

Yes, Manadar, this was my first thought, but it has disadvantages. Single key assignment accepts a single key only, say, Ctrl or Alt. Your example counts as four keys. There is a macro assignment function, too, and I’ve assigned the hotkey of one of my Autoit programs, Ctrl-Shift-\. It works, but there are problems with the release, in some of the cases, the Shift stays unreleased after running the macro.

The bigger problem is that only the Mxx keys can be programmed via the utility. The arrows and the Jump key acts as QWEASD and space keys, and it seems to be impossible to redefine them.

That’s why I would like to call Fightpad via some HID functions.

Láng Attila D., LAttilaD.org