Packet creation and line breaks

Hi. I have some knowledge on packets and how they are formed. I still have a lot to learn with AutoIt. My goal is to create a chat bot (Similar to IRC, but not) I'm just curious about one thing. If I'm creating a packet, would I use "\n" as a line break, or would I use @CRLF? Because a line break in au3 is @CRLF, however I'm not sure if that's how it would show up. I have no source code because I'm not really sure where to start, just curious in case I happen to get an error down the road.

How to interpret text data is up to the application that receives it. Some apps might use 0x0A (@LF), or just 0x0D (@CR), others might want an escaped code like "/n", or even html or BBC code like "<br>". For even more fun, does it want ANSI or will it take Unicode?

Who you are talking to determines the language you use. If you are writing the hosting app yourself, then you have pick which of those "languages" you will use.

:)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law